Industrial Media believes in protecting the privacy of its readers and therefore offers the following to help ensure any personal data of our readers is guarded and protected accordingly.
In an effort to ensure complete transparency regarding compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, we offer the following information.
The only connection between the personal data of our readers and the sharing of it with our partners is if a reader receives email newsletters and/or marketing messages from Industrial Media via email. At the footer of every email received is an active link entitled Update Profile.
Clicking on this link takes readers to a page showing all of the products to which they are subscribed. All of these subscriptions can be edited accordingly.
Readers can also click on the Unsubscribe link in the footer of these emails to adjust their preferences regarding that specific email subscription.
If any of this information is unclear, an email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to your personal data, request access to email subscriptions, to request having your data adjusted accordingly, or to arrange a phone call for obtaining clarification on any of these manners.
- Industrial Equipment News
- Industrial Maintenance and Plant Operations
- Industrial Distribution
- Food Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Business Technology
- Design Development Today
Below is a summary of the pertinent points pertaining to CCPA:
- Industrial Media collects personally identifiable information that you choose to provide us when you subscribe to our magazines, sign up for e-newsletters, enter a contest, participate in surveys, login into our websites using a third party login system (including, but not limited to, Facebook Connect, Twitter, etc.), register for a website, webcast, or trade show, or otherwise communicate with us.
- We may use your contact information to send notices for subscription renewal or provide you with information about products or services you have ordered with us. We may also use your contact information to send you e-newsletters or other promotional e-mails that contain targeted, relevant content that may be useful to your business. All promotional e-mails you receive from us will include an option to opt out of similar e-mail communications in the future.
- We may include personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you) such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail address, as well as “demographic” information such as the type of business you work for, your job responsibilities and certain information about your company.
- Some reader information has been obtained by working with third-party sources such as Zoom Info, Dunn & Bradstreet and The Information Refinery. This information can be accessed and amended in the same manner as that which is supplied organically.
- We will tell you at the time we collect information whether the information requested is necessary for you to participate in a particular feature. The information we collect is used to respond to your specific requests, to send you periodic information and special offers, to provide you with updates on Industrial Media offerings and features, to provide you with product information from manufacturers in our database, and to provide our sponsors and business partners with data about our users.
- In addition to accessing the Profile Center referenced above, if you no longer wish for us to share your mailing address or other contact information with our sponsors or other third parties, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
- For us to be able to locate your record, we will need your e-mail address. Again, this information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via regular mail at 199 East Badger Road, Suite 100, Madison, WI 53713. Your message can be sent to the attention of our Director of Audience Development. We will attempt to process mailed requests within 10 business days or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter.
- Our Sites uses ‘SSL’ to protect personal information. By using a browser that supports security functions, when you access to our Site and enter personal information including your name and e-mail address, and this information is transferred to our server, the information is automatically encrypted when transmitted and received by servers. Therefore, if the transmitted data is intercepted by a third party, there is no need to worry about the content being stolen.
- If you use a browser that does not support SSL, you may not be able to access our Site or input information.
- For any questions about this policy please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.